Friday 25 October 2013

Her Fashion Box September


Her Fashion Box just keeps getting better and better! Seriously. I haven't been this happy with a subscription box in a long time and I've had them all (well the ones that are available in Australia), Bellabox, Lust Have It, Glossybox (before it got taken over by Lust Have It) and now HFB and Violet Box.

SEPTEMBER'S CONTENTS:
  • 1x Clutch
  • 1x ID Bracelet
  • 1x Real Gold Plated Ring
  • 2x Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Colour
  • 1x Designer Brands Chubby Lipstick Crayon
  • 1x Designer Brands Kohl Pencil
  • 1x C2 Collagen Firming and Moisturising Facial Mask
  • 1x Pure Tan Pure Moisture Coconut Body Creme
As an added bonus for completing the survey for August's box I received an extra Pure Tan sample of 100% Coconut Oil.


MEMORIES OF McQUEEN CLUTCH ($39.95)


 Her Fashion Box created this clutch as an homage to the Alexander McQueen bauble clutch and I gotta say it is BEAUTIFUL (even though it's nowhere near as beautiful as an Alexander McQueen - lol). I'll definitely be able to use this clutch on a night out unlike most freebie bags it's not hideous!

THE MIDAS TOUCH RING ($24.95)

It's another accessories WIN for Her Fashion Box. I love, love, love, love, love yellow gold and this ring is just beautiful. The rings that were featured in this month's box are all real gold/silver plated and for once it actually FITS my man hands. The bonus? It matches my wedding/engagement/eternity rings.

ANDROGYCHIC ID BRACELET ($29.95)

I really wish they had gold plated the ID bracelets too as when you look at it it has more of a silver look to it rather than a yellow gold. It's still a nicely made bracelet BUT it doesn't have anywhere near as much yellow tone to it than it should. 

MAYBELLINE NEW YORK COLOR SHOW NAIL COLOUR ($5.95EA)
ICED QUEEN 310 & ONYX RUSH 430

(L) Iced Queen (R) Onyx Rush
 Iced Queen is a lovely pastel purple nail polish that glides on smoothly and dries relatively quickly. It's the perfect shade for spring!


When you take a quick glance at Onyx Rush you are more than likely to deem it as just a simple black nail polish, but if you look closer you'll notice that there are the tiniest little flecks of blue/green/purple glitter within the polish itself that it appears almost cosmic like.

It was really hard to capture in a photo but in these macro images the glitter is showing up as silver/white flecks. Once the polish is dry, however, it is harder to see the reflection of the glitter.

These polishes are simply beautiful and go on like a dream. They are super pigmented and two coats of polish is more than enough to get the right finish. This is a superb product and definitely worth checking out next time you're in a Priceline, Big W, Target etc.

DESIGNER BRANDS CHUBBY LIPSTICK CRAYON
KISS & TELL RED ($7.99)


This Designer Brands Chubby lipstick crayon is smooth and creamy in consistency and is relatively easy to apply. This lipstick is a little too waxy/oily and I find that the lipstick moves so easily. I prefer more matte/dry formulas.

All in all it's not too bad for only $7.99 and if I desperately needed a lip colour and didn't have much cash I'd definitely consider buying one of these.

 

DESIGNER BRANDS KOHL PENCIL BLACK ($4.99)

Unlike the lip pencil, this Kohl pencil is definitely not worth it. Kohl pencils are meant to be very pigmented and easy to apply and unfortunately this was the direct opposite.

As you can see in the picture below the stripe on the left hand side is after only one stroke. There is little to no pigment in the pencil and I had to press down really hard in order for the pencil to draw on my hand. On the right hand side of the image is after 10 strokes. When I layered the colour on top of itself it drew on the hand a lot easier and I didn't need to press down so hard.
Macro image
When it came down to actually applying the pencil on the eye it actually hurt and my eyes started to water pretty hard and really quickly. The pigment in the pencil is also very patchy and rubbed off really easily (which is something that you don't want in an eye pencil). I would suggest skipping this pencil and spending a little more to get a better quality one.

 LONVITALITE C2 COLLAGEN FIRMING &
MOISTURISING FACIAL MASK ($29.00/5 MASKS)

I'm still not a fan of the fabric facial masks and definitely prefer the traditional masks. I feel that having just one sample wasn't enough for me to determine whether or not this mask is for me or not.

 PURETAN PURE MOISTURE COCONUT BODY CREME ($12.95)

This cream smells DELICIOUS! What I love about it is that it doesn't have an overpowering scent like some of The Body Shop body butters/lotions have that sometimes make me feel nauseous.

I feel like this cream absorbed immediately in to my skin and it felt soft to the touch almost immediately. Once summer hits Australia I'll be looking to stock up on this!

Overall, this month's box was quite good! I especially LOVED the accessories this month and the fact that the ring included fits me is a big bonus as I big fat man hands with sausage like fingers - lol. I hope Her Fashion Box keeps continuing on delivering great boxes and can't wait to see the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...