Wednesday 23 October 2013

Violet Box August



August's Violet Box was enough to give me hope that I'd continue my subscription. There were three full size products in this box that I absolutely LOVED! <3

 CONTENTS:
  • Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner (full size)
  • Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush (full size)
  • Dr Bragi Age Management Moisturiser (sample)
  • ghd Style Heat Protection Spray (full size)
  • Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair Cream Shampoo/Anti Breakage Conditioner (sample)

 JELLY PONG PONG 2-IN-1 SHADOW/LINER "BRONZE"


I had seen the brand Jelly Pong Pong on various different makeup websites but have never bought any items as I usually like to test makeup before buying and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised.

Swatch on the back of my hand - look at that coverage!
 The Shadow/Liner is absolutely GORGEOUS! What I liked most about this is that it was so heavily pigmented and the longevity of the product was fabulous. The pencil feels quite rich/dense and it glides on like a dream without being too thin/oily like most 2-in-1 eye products.

This item is definitely a WIN in my books and I'm going to look into buying some more just for myself (maybe for the kit too).

No foundation, liner/mascara and brows only

 JELLY PONG PONG LIP BLUSH


When I saw this item in the box I felt a little disheartened as I really don't like chubby pencils as I find they don't sharpen well but as I opened the packaging and used it I realised that this was a wind up pencil so that made me super happy!

Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush in Cranberry is a super moist lip stain that packs a lot of punch. The stain is super pigmented and glides/wears like a lip balm. This lip colour definitely gets a tick in my books as I find when I wear lipstick my lips tend to get dry but this lip blush feels super comfortable and I could wear it all day without feeling like wanting to rub it off.

This is another win for Jelly Pong Pong AND Violet Box! LOVE IT!

 DR BRAGI AGE MANAGEMENT MOISURISER

 This is another product that I am really hesitant to try. As I've mentioned numerous times, I have super sensitive skin (especially when it comes to moisturisers) so the thought of putting this on my skin really had me worried because it states that only a pea size amount is enough to put on the face AND the neck which means it is SUPER POTENT so I didn't try it.

Last time I tried something like this my skin went all leathery and dry so I didn't want to risk it. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this product with sensitive skin and whether it worked well on you!

ghd STYLE HEAT PROTECTION SPRAY

 I LOVE ghd and all their products so it was awesome to receive a FULL SIZE item of theirs in this month's box.

This spray is designed to protect your hair from all heating elements (flat irons/curlers/dryers) hence the reason it's called Heat Protect Spray. It's pretty self explanatory. lol. This spray also has a nice but not overpowering fragrance to it.

I don't know what differentiates this range from other heat protection sprays that are available on the market but ghd is a brand that I know and trust so this gets thumbs up from me! :)

 GOLDWELL DUALSENSES SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER

 As I'm getting older I'm noticing my hair thinning out more than usual so I have changed over to the Nioxin hair system as it is lightweight and seems to be working well for me so I haven't used any other shampoos/conditioners in a long time.

Unfortunately, the Goldwell Dualsenses sample wasn't big enough for me to draw a conclusion on whether I liked it or not so I can't really comment further.

Violet Box for August was an overall win for me! The August box brought three full sized products that I actually really liked - with a combined retail value of  $65.00 for the price of the subscription this month ($22.95) - it was well and truly worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...