Sunday 10 November 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Rock This Town Limited Edition



Rock This Town was released for the 2012 Holiday Collection but lucky for me it didn't sell and I was able to buy it in May this year I went to the Philippines to visit my dad's side of the family as it was my Lola's (grandma's) birthday and I hadn't been back there since I was 13 years old.

While I was there my aunts took me shopping and I stumbled across Deborah Lippmann polish at the local Rustan's which is their local fancy department store. To say I went a little bit crazy is an understatement. I ended up buying 13 bottles and was also given a free full size polish as they have a loyalty club (buy 10 get a free item).


This set caught my eye as they were the most beautiful metallic colours I had seen in a while plus I could never go past a nicely packaged set of limited edition colours. This set of three cost $2,250PP which was equivalent to about $53.00AUD at the time which isn't a bad price considering that in the US this set retailed for $45.00USD.

L-R: Chain Reaction,Moon Dance, Phoenix Rising
Rock This Town contains three limited edition glimmer polish colours, Chain Reaction a dirty brass; Moon Dance a deep lavender swirl; and Phoenix Rising a foxy (I guess their way of saying orange) copper. One thing I did notice when I was taking pictures of these nail polishes was that each shade contained magenta/purple foil throughout which is something that I wasn't expecting.

 

CHAIN REACTION



Chain Reaction, when viewed from afar, shows up as a blackened gold polish but when photographed up close you can see little fragments of pink/magenta glitter throughout. This shade throws off a little more yellow than I expected but I'm sure I'll use this polish at some point. It reminds me of a lighter version of The Makeup Store's Celebration nail polish.



 MOON DANCE

 


Deborah Lippmann described this as a lavender swirl glimmer but to me it looks more like taupe/brown. The only time you can really see lavender within this polish is when you zoom in with a macro lens (below), and surprisingly looks like a confetti gun had hit this polish as there are lots and lots of different colour flecks within it.

As with all of Deborah Lippman polishes this also has great coverage, pigment and dries to a nice smooth finish.

 

PHOENIX RISING

 



Phoenix Rising is an orange based copper with multicoloured glitter flecks that remind me of fire, which I guess makes Phoenix Rising a fitting name for this polish.

I would say that this is my least favourite out of the set as I feel it's a little wishy washy as I like my oranges to be bright and I feel like this kind of pales and fades against my skin tone.


 All in all the Rock This Town set would make an interesting addition to any nail polish collection. Although it may not be available on Deborah Lippmann's website you can still purchase it through Ebay from $35AUD - $50AUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...