Tuesday 25 June 2013

Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow



 So it's taken me this long to realise that all of Deborah Lippmann's nail polishes are named after song titles (I should've realised it after Bad Romance but I just thought that was a coincidence)! Yes, I know I'm slow. So now everytime I pick up a bottle and read what colour it is I have that darned song in my head for the rest of the day..... cue "Boom Boom Pow"


Boom Boom Pow is not a thick polish at all and I would imagine it would take quite a few coats to get enough layers on there to look presentable so I thought I would lay down a base coat first.

BASE COAT: MAKE UP STORE NAIL POLISH "SVEA"

The Make Up Store's nail polishes are beautiful and really quick to dry. Svea is a two tone polish that is beige in colour but with a gold shimmer throughout and is nice enough to wear on its own. It reminds me of a more blingy version of Ciate Cookies and Cream.


No filter/edit
So to make it more blingy I added two layers of Boom Boom Pow. As you can see in the pics below the glitter applies very thin and doesn't give a good finish like the other Deborah Lippmann polishes I have used so far.



When I view my manicure from far away it really reminds me of the OPI Man with the Golden Gun 18ct Top Coat but with more bling factor.

Over all it's a nice a top coat but definitely not one you could wear on its own and it is very hard to build up and layer.

As an added bonus, below is a nail art fail! It really does pay to invest in real Swarovski crystals. That'll be next on the list to add to the kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...