Tuesday 18 June 2013

Her Fashion Box May 2013



 So we're up to the third Her Fashion Box and I gotta say they're doing a pretty awesome job with it all. I'm happier with these boxes than I ever was with my year subscriptions of bellabox, Lust Have It or Glossybox!

This month we received:
  • 1x HFB Statement Necklace ($19.95 Value)
  • 1x Set of Collar Pins ($14.95 Value)
  • 1x Leather Cuff ($29.95 Value)
  • 1x Full Size Batiste 200ml Dry Shampoo ($9.95RRP)
  • 1x Pair of Ardell Lashes ($8.99RRP)
  • 1x Eyelash Adhexive ($6.99RRP)
  • 1x Travel 12ml Size Designer Brands Pore Minimising Primer ($7.99)
  • 1x Full Size Polished London Nail Polish ($7.99RRP)


STATEMENT NECKLACE


This month's jewellery in HFB is actually quite stunning and for the first time I didn't want to swap it with the Classic or Feminine designs. The one gripe I did have with it though was that one of the gems fell out and the clasps were broken so I had to do a dodgy job of super gluing it in place. The colour of the gems are divine and sparkled really nicely in the light - if only they were real!


 
COLLAR PIN



I really am on the fence about this trend. I love it on other people but just not on me. It just doesn't suit me and especially this "Trendy" design. Maybe I just don't have the right shirts to pair it with (perhaps a reason to go shopping?).

The pins that I received were a little blunt on the tips and so I couldn't wear them so you'll have to imagine in your mind what these would look like on a collar/shirt.

 
 

LEATHER CUFF 


 
 This is another win for HFB! I LOVE this cuff and they also deserve extra brownie points as this was also big enough to fit around my wrist (and that's hard for a bigger girl). I also adored the colour (and would've equally enjoyed it in the Classic (black) and Feminine (white) variety). I would definitely buy the whole set!

 BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO "WILD"



This brand has been in EVERY subscription box I have bought. Granted it has never been in full size but I think they've flooded the market with samples now. The smell of "Wild" is divine and if this was a perfume I would buy it for sure!

I didn't like the feel of this in my hair. I am the type of person who can't go a day without washing my hair, but this product would be excellent for those of you who are after a nice smelling, inexpensive dry shampoo.

ARDELL LASHES AND GLUE

 
As a makeup artist I can never have enough lashes OR glue. Ardell is one of my favourite lash brands and I buy them all the time - you can never have enough Ardell lashes!

What I like about the Ardell lashes is that the band is extremely flexible and sits nicely on top of your own lashes. If you've always wanted to try fakies I would recommend trying these in the Accent style. Then once your comfortable with that you can graduate to the Natural ones, or if you're feeling extremely adventurous use the Glamour ones!

DESIGNER BRANDS PORE MINIMISING PRIMER

 
 I did not like this product at all. I didn't notice much of a difference in longevity or finish in my foundation, although, I did notice the appearance of pimples once I used this. So it goes without saying that I don't recommend this and really I have nothing much else to say about it.....

 POLISHED LONDON "BUCKINGHAM BLUE"

 
 
 To be 100% truthful I was ready to dislike this product from the get go as I'm a product snob when it comes to makeup and nail polish, but I've got to admit, this polish really did deliver on its benefits listed in the HFB Magazine. Most cheaper nail polishes have little to no pigment in which you need three coats at minimum to get an even coverage but with this one you could've stopped at one. Polished London is also super glossy (pics below have NO TOP COAT on), is super easy to apply and has a smooth and flawless finish.
 
 

 I would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend this product to anyone and with a price tag of $7.99 and over 30 colours to choose from you can't go wrong!

I've got my fingers crossed for June's Her Fashion Box to be more exciting and innovative! I haven't been absolutely blown away by their boxes yet but there's always the next one to look forward to.

Jolz xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...