Monday 14 January 2013

Mariah Carey OPI Liquid Sand



I feel like I have been waiting on this Mariah Carey Collection from OPI FOREVER and it has finally arrived in Australia! :)

The mini pack contains the four liquid sand polishes in the Mariah Carey Collection and is ideal for you if you want to try this out before splurging on the big bottles.

To achieve the liquid sand effect it is best not to use a base coat or a top coat and all you need is two layers of polish.

One of the big downers for me was the removal of the polish as you need to use the aluminium foil method for removal (YouTube clip here from MissChievous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0YNmdeNXGQ). Despite this polish having a textured finish it doesn't catch on anything (unlike caviar pearls).

So, without further ado, here are images of the liquid sand polishes.

"GET YOUR NUMBER"
Get Your Number was the most disappointing of the four polishes. To me it still looked like it had a gel finish rather than looking like sand. I am definitely not buying the full size version of this but I did like the different textures/hues of blue glitter in it.


Macro shot - no filter/edit
  
"CAN'T LET GO"

Can't Let go is DEFINITELY my favourite shade out of the four and is definitely the most wearable. LOVE! <3


Macro shot - no edit/filter

"THE IMPOSSIBLE"

This one is my second favourite and would be a very hot shade to wear in summer! It's a gorgeous pink/orange and is almost neon. Great for those girls who aren't afraid of loud colours. 



Macro shot - no edit/filter

 "STAY THE NIGHT"

Stay the Night turned out a lot nicer than I thought it would but I still think it's missing something. If they had just added a little more bling/glitter to it in either a different colour/shape/size I would have fallen in love with it! It's just a little too bland for me.

 
Macro shot - no edit/filter







 Let me know in the comments below whether you'll be rocking this latest nail trend or if you will pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...