Saturday 18 August 2012

Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo


Competition Wall - Photo by Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo

The Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo is a yearly event that also host the Face 2 Face Makeup Awards/Competitions. This year, for the first time, they opened up a new category for Beauty Editorial Photographic. I have been meaning to enter a makeup competition but felt like a live competition was stretching it just a little too far for me and thought that this new category would be a great way to start.

I assembled my dream team for my concept consisting of:

Robert Coppa Photographer
Priya Chandra (hair) - hair extensions provided by Raven Waves Extensions
Daniella Jukic (Stylist/Wardrobe/Fashion Designer)
Simone Luker (Model)
I had had this concept in my head for a while now and I was so excited to finally shoot it and submit it for the competition. The final images reflect my style as a makeup artist and my style of images.
I couldn't have asked for a better team and even though I didn't win I am so happy with the final images (and may even have some big news about them very soon - keep an eye out on this blog :))

So, for those who were curious as to who won, here are the winners (absolutely LOVE 2nd and 3rd place - stunning entries!):

1st Place: Vivianne Tran
2nd Place: Alex Ouston
3rd Place: Kate Robinson




 Other entries that I enjoyed were:

Sheri Vegas
Lara Quinn
Carmelle Watkins

I also LOVE Mary Li's entry and I DO have a picture of it but I won't show it just yet as she has some big plans for that shoot. It is AMAZING though and if you head on over to her facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MaryLiMakeup) you can see the face chart for her entry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...