Monday 6 August 2012

Revlon Nail Art

Steamy Affair (top) & Killer Instincts (bottom)


I saw these Revlon Nail Art pens a while ago and had been meaning to buy them for a while now but every time I would go to buy them they were sold out. Luckily, while I was in Priceline replenishing some items for my kit, I saw that they had a whole heap of them AND they were having a buy one get one free special - SCORE! :)

At the moment I am TOTALLY loving orange so I got Steamy Affair (taupe base with an orange metallic shatter) and Killer Instincts (orange base with a metallic bronze shatter).

I decided to do a ring finger accent and used Steamy Affair on the ring fingers (excuse the dodginess around the nails - lol)


 Then comes the shatter :)




Prior to buying these Revlon Nail Art pens I had bought OPI's Gold Shatter and I was really disappointed with it. The OPI Gold did not shatter at all and I had thought that it was due to the fact that it was a metallic shatter so the bar was not set very high at all for the Revlon ones as I had thought if OPI couldn't get it right how in the world would Revlon?

Well low and behold the Revlon shatter turned out amazing and I love that they have a bigger shatter pattern than the OPI shatter range.



The one con about this product is that it is quite awkward to do the polish with my non dominant hand (which is my right hand) as the extra weight of the nail polish acting as the lid was quite an odd sensation. It was only slightly noticeable but I did notice that I couldn't apply the polish as neatly as I usually do.

What I did like was the fact that the colours have been paired up together already so you don't have to think about what you will use as a base colour.

All in all, I would definitely recommend these polishes from Revlon as they are great value for money and have a really great finish.

Now to go into Priceline and buy some more! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...